WNA now have a web-page on molten salt reactors:
- In Canada, Terrestrial Energy hope to have a prototype IMSR up within about 5 years.
- In USA,
- FliBe pursue their state of art LFTR design
- ThorCon plan to have production reactors built (in Indonesia) within 10 years
- Transatomic Power move ever closer to their waste-burning reactor which can run entirely off nuclear waste
- Southern Company Services, a subsidiary of Southern Company, is developing the MCFR in partnership with Bill Gates' TerraPower, Electric Power Research Institute, Vanderbilt University, and ORNL
- China pursues two kinds of MSR. The TMSR is a pure thorium MSR design like the LFTR, and a pebble fueled (TRISO), molten salt cooled design. TerraPower will also prototype their reactors in China.
- Denmark has:
- Britain has Moltex Energy
- France is home to pan-European EVOL fast MSR research
- Aristos Power, uses a graphite moderator, and a range of sizes form small to large.
- Czech Republic continue their research in this field with their SPHINX in LR-0 reactor, but
- Japan seems to have stopped work on their Fuji MSR but now have Thorium Tech Solutions Inc (TTS), who are working with
- Norway, at the Halden test reactor, to test fuel
- MCFR : Molten Chloride Fast Reactor.